
The reason for Henry's moodiness is that he had his 2 month Doctor's appointment today. Those in 'the know' understand what that means. Henry received his first set of vaccinations.
If you haven't yet witnessed a 2-month old getting his/her first vaccinations, then you haven't seen true pain and anguish. Now, I'm not all that frightened of needles, but I was quite amazed at the length of the needle used on such a small person. To put it into perspective, a scaled-up version of the needle would probably be about 8-10 inches long. Seeing the injections (there were three) wasn't the worst part, it was the look that Henry gave me as he was screaming. That 'don't you see whats going on?' kind of look crossed with a 'aren't you going to do anything?' look. It was definitely not easy for his parents. Of course, I think it's a little easier that if he were to get...say...polio or whooping cough.
On to the good stuff...the numbers. Henry weighed in at a stout 12 lbs 15 oz and measured and even 24 inches long. For those of you keeping track, that's about a 73% mass increase (up from 7lbs 8 oz) and a 20% length increase (up from 20). I figure if I (Derek) would have experienced a similar increase in length and girth I'd be 302 lbs and 7'2"...that's NBA material. But alas, I've gained 2-3 pounds none of which will help with my basketball skills. I suppose it would be unhealthy to begin competing with Henry on who can gain the most weight week to week.
Finally before I forget. In our travels last week we had a great time with Tina's family and college friends. So before too much time passes. Here are two posed shots from our trip.
Tina's family

Tina's college friends.
1 comment:
I think Henry even looks bigger than last weekend! What a cutie! How was the trip home?
Post a Comment